UPDATE: Another Fayette Jail inmate tests positive for coronavirus
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – After more than a week of no new case, another inmate has tested positive for the coronavirus in the Fayette County Detention Center.
According to a report Friday afternoon, the Community Corrections staff learned Thursday “an inmate in a third housing unit has tested positive. That inmate has been placed in isolation and the housing unit that he was housed in is in quarantine. All inmates in that housing unit have been tested, and we are awaiting the results.”
According to the department, as of Friday afternoon:
- 79 inmates have tested positive for COVID-19
- 494 have tested negative
- results are pending on 64 inmates
- 637 inmates have been tested so far
- 6 staff members have tested positive
- 79 staff members have tested negative
- results pending for 22 staff members
- 107 staff members have been tested so far
Community Corrections continues to work with the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department for guidance and direction for the testing of additional inmates and staff.