City adjusting leaf vacuum collection schedule
LEXINGTON – Because of recent adverse weather conditions and a heavy volume of leaves, the city’s leaf vacuum collection program is running a little behind schedule.
To better serve local residents, the city has, as of today, adjusted the collection schedule for zones that haven’t already been started.
- Zones B6, B8 and D2, which were scheduled to start on Thursday, Nov. 29, will now start on Monday, Dec. 3.
- Zones D1 and D3, which were scheduled to start on Monday, Dec. 3, will now start on Thursday, Dec. 6.
- Zones D4 and D6, which were scheduled to start on Thursday, Dec. 6, will now start on Monday, Dec. 10.
- Zones D5 and D7, which were scheduled to start on Monday, Dec. 10, will now start on Thursday, Dec. 13.
- Zone C9’s start date remains on Monday, Dec. 3, and Zone C10’s remains on Wednesday, Dec. 5.
- All A zones have been completed.
- All B zones except B6 and B8 are currently being worked.
To find out what zone you live in, go to www.lexingtonky.gov/leaves and type your address into the leaf collection map.
The city’s leaf vacuum program is available to residents who have city waste collection service. The leaf vacuum program supplements the primary methods of disposing of leaves which are using the grey yard waste cart and paper yard waste bags.
For more information, call LexCall at 3-1-1 or 425-2255.