Cigarette may be to blame for hotel fire in Lexington

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – A cigarette may be the cause of a fire that forced an estimated 100 guests from their hotel Wednesday night in Lexington, according to the Lexington Fire Department.

Firefighters say the initial call came in just after 5:00 p.m. at the Courtyard by Marriott on Pleasant Ridge Drive in the Hamburg area.

Investigators say they believe the fire started in some mulch behind the hotel, which eventually spread to the building.

Some 80-100 people were evacuated from the hotel, according to investigators. No one was hurt. One person was treated at the scene for some breathing problems, according to firefighters.

The hotel was closed following the fire, in part, because the electricity was shutoff to the building and some wiring will need to be repaired, according to authorities.

All the guests were forced to find another place to stay for the night.

Categories: Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *