Check out this awesome recipe for Chili Lime Chicken with Avocado-Cilantro Rice from The Kitchen at A.S.Eats with Allison Eastland!
Chili Lime Chicken with Avocado-Cilantro Rice (serves 4)
¼ C olive oil
¼ C lime juice
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
4 chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
1 C brown rice
1 avocado, chopped
1/3 C lime juice
¼ C chopped cilantro
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow casserole. Add chicken, coat with the marinade and marinate at room temperature for about an hour, turning at least once.
- While chicken is marinating, begin cooking rice according to package directions
- When rice is approximately 10 minutes from cooked, remove chicken from marinade, shaking off any excess.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Grill or sauté the chicken until cooked through, approximately 10-12 minutes
- While chicken is cooking and once rice is cooked, add cilantro, lime juice, and avocado to rice and stir to combine.
- Serve chicken over rice.