CHI St. Joseph latest with ‘no visitor’ policy
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – CHI Saint Joseph Health has joined a growing list of hospitals and medical facilities implementing more restrictive visitation policies to help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
The following changes will be in effect at Saint Joseph Hospital, Saint Joseph East, Women’s Hospital at Saint Joseph East and Continuing Care Hospital.
- Elective outpatient procedures will be rescheduled.
- No visitors will be allowed in the hospitals.
- One visitor for labor and delivery (birthing partner) in the maternity unit at Women’s Hospital.
- One visitor allowed for end-of-life care.
- One parent or guardian will be allowed for patients under age 18.
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Personal belongings will be limited to those essential for the hospitalization.
- All employees and health care providers will be screened at designated entrances of the hospitals.
During this time, hospital visitors may want to consider alternative communication options with patients in the hospital, such as phone, Facetime, Skype, text or email.
The zero visitor policy also applies to visits to providers with CHI Saint Joseph Medical Group and the CHI Saint Joseph Health – Cancer Care Centers, with some exceptions.
CHI Saint Joseph Medical Group and the cancer care centers continue to care for patients in offices and clinics. Exceptions will be made for a parent or guardian for a patient under age 18 or for patients who require assistance. If you have an appointment, please check with your provider before leaving home for any special instructions.
Patients should contact their regular health care provider by phone first if they are experiencing symptoms like cough, low-grade fever or other respiratory issues.
CHI Saint Joseph Health understands this change in policy may be difficult for families, but it is imperative we take additional precautions to keep our patients and community safe during this global pandemic