UPDATE: Cause of Lexington townhouse fire released

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Fire investigators in Lexington say a townhouse fire on Santa Anita has been ruled accidental.

The fire department says the fire was caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials in a plastic container.

Firefighters say the porch caught fire then spread into the home. A man driving by saw the flames and stopped to help, according to investigators

The fire department says the bystander grabbed a ladder and helped the man and two of his dogs climb down to safety from the second floor.

There were two other dogs in the home at the time and both were able to make it out safely with the help of firefighters, according to officials.

Categories: Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *