UK’s Seth Logue shuts down Murray State in 9-1 win
Kentucky scored five runs in the seventh inning and three in the eighth to blow the game open
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ/UK ATHLETICS) – Seth Logue was nearly untouchable and Chase Estep picked up right where he left off last week as Kentucky avenged a loss last season in a 9-1 victory over Murray State at Kentucky Proud Park on Tuesday.
Logue pitched a career-high 7.0 innings, allowing one run on two hits with eight strikeouts as he turned in his third straight outstanding start on the mound. He has both of the Wildcats’ quality starts (at least 6 innings and three or fewer earned runs) as UK (11-2) continued its strong start to the season.
UK scored five runs in the seventh inning and three more in the eighth to blow the game open.
- Kentucky now is 102-32 vs. non-conference opponents during coach Nick Mingione‘s tenure, including 79-15 at home and 88-12 vs. non-Power Five opponents.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 149 in 13 games.
- Sophomore RHP Seth Logue pitched a career-high seven innings, striking out eight.
- He has thrown both starts of six innings by UK pitchers this season.
- Junior IF Chase Estep went 3-for-4 with two runs and three RBI.
- He has a career-long and team-best 11-game hit streak.
- He has a 12-game reached base safely streak.
- Estep followed up his SEC Player of the Week honor by driving in the Cats’ first run.
- He had his sixth multi-hit and sixth multi-RBI effort of the season.
- Senior IF Jacob Plastiak is currently riding a career-long 16-game reached safely streak.
- He has six multi-RBI games this season and 10 for his career.
- Senior C Alonzo Rubalcaba has a career-high seven-game hit streak.
- Senior DH Oraj Anu has 79 career hits, 21 from becoming the 56th member of the school’s 100-hit club.
- Junior IF Ryan Ritter has reached base safely in 16 straight games.
- He has six multi-hit games this season and 19 in his career.
To view the box score, click here.
Kentucky hosts Ohio on Wednesday with first pitch scheduled for 4 p.m. ET. The game will be aired on SECN+. The radio call will be on the UK Sports Network (98.5 FM).