Sen. Rand Paul says he no longer will use YouTube

He has been critical of what he calls censorship

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WTVQ) – Kentucky Republican U.S. Sen. Rand Paul announced Monday he will no longer be posting videos to YouTube unless it is to criticize the platform or announce that viewers can see his content on Rumble.com, where they don’t censor the news.

“Today I begin my exodus from Big Tech, starting with the worst censor of all, YouTube,” said Paul, a Bowling Green dentist who was first elected to the Senate in 2010 and was re-elected in 2016. “As a libertarian leaning Senator, I think private companies have the right to ban me if they want to, however, those of us who believe that truth comes from disputation and that the marketplace of ideas is a prerequisite for innovation should shun the close-minded censors and take our ideas elsewhere, which is exactly what I’m doing.”

During the last year, Paul says YouTube has continued to wage what he calls “its dangerous, anti-progress of science war against free speech, choosing to act in lockstep with government and ban videos” posted by Paul that contradicted the government’s position. These videos included conversations with journalists where he discussed the efficacy of masks, particularly cloth masks, and a video explaining the science behind why cloth masks don’t work.

Categories: Local News, News, State News