Fayette’s seven-day COVID average now above 120, case numbers climb
One new death also reported
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Fayette County’s seven-day moving average of new COVID cases continues to rise with new case numbers hitting levels not seen since late September and early October.
According to the Lexington-Fayette County Department’s morning report Thursday, the county recorded 152 new cases Wednesday. That followed 172 new cases Tuesday, which was the highest one-day total since 184 on Sept. 29. The daily numbers hovered around 130 last week.
The numbers pushed the seven-day moving average — a good indicator of how the virus is spreading in the community — to 121 on Tuesday and 125 Wednesday.
new COVID cases Saturday through Monday, compared to Thursday’s 138, 129 Wednesday and 130 last Tuesday. The seven-day moving average fell slightly from 117 to 115 but still is up from 81 and 101 last week. The seven-day average is a good indicator of how the virus is spreading in the community.
The new cases pushed the county’s total to 53,748.
One new death Wednesday pushed the number of residents lost to COVID-related causes to 453.
Need a COVID-19 vaccine this week? There are several options:
Vaccines available for children, adolescents, and adults:
Register online with Wild Health for one of these school locations:
- Athens-Chilesburg Elementary, 930 Jouett Creek Drive
- Coventry Oak Elementary, 2441 Huntly Place
- Tates Creek Elementary, 1111 Centre Pkwy.
- Wellington Elementary, 3280 Keithshire Way
Vaccines available for children ages 5 to 11 only:
- Cardinal Valley Elementary, 218 Mandalay Rd. – register at (859) 288-2425
- Mary Todd Elementary, 551 Parkside Drive – register at (859) 288-2425
- William Wells Brown Elementary, 555 E. 5th St. – register at (859) 288-2425
- Consolidated Baptist Church, 1625 Russell Cave Rd. – register at (859) 252-2371 or sign up online with the health department
Find vaccine information at www.vaccines.gov/search.
The monthly totals of COVID-19 cases during the outbreak are:
- 110, March
- 143, April
- 507, May
- 793, June
- 1,702, July
- 2,538, August
- 2,804, September
- 2,736, October
- 6,070, November
- 5,991, December
- 6,155, January
- 2,694, February
- 1,314, March
- 1,027, April
- 689, May
- 287, June
- 1,331, July
- 5,435, August
- 5,967, September
- 2,350, October
- 2,140, November
Lexington’s COVID-19 numbers are updated Monday-Friday at lfchd.org.