UPDATE POSTED 2 P.M. MARCH 3, 2021
ESTILL COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – The Estill County Water District is issuing a county wide Boil Water Advisory EXCLUDING the following areas:
- The north end of Estill County from Dry Branch to the county line at Clark and Powell Counties. This includes all side roads in this area.
- Chestnut Stand and all side roads.
- Drip Rock and all side roads.
- Barns Mountain and all side roads
- Cobbhill and all side roads.
During a boil water advisory, it is recommended that customers boil for three minutes any tap water they intend to use for consumption — such as for drinking, cooking or making ice. After boiling water, customers should let the water cool before consuming it.
Customers with questions should call 1-606-723-3795.
ORIGINAL STORY POSTED MARCH 2, 2021
ESTILL COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – Officials say it could be days before the water recedes enough to restore power to the Estill County Water District’s water pump.
The utility says flooding knocked out electricity to the main pump, leaving enough stored water to last through Wednesday if customers conserve, the utility said in a Facebook post.
Customers are asked to minimize water usage. Customers on the north end of the county are not affected.
Anyone with questions or who needs assistance should call the office at 606-723-3795.