LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Fayette County Public Schools made a change to how it will distribute meals to students beginning next week.
Weather permitting, grades K-2 are scheduled to return to the classroom on Monday, Feb. 22, 2021, for families who chose in-person instruction. It will mark the first return to the classroom since the pandemic hit last March.
Free breakfasts and lunches will still be available for anyone age 18 and younger, according to the school district.
- FCPS will continue to offer free meal pickups on Mondays and Wednesdays between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Locations include eight middle schools and all six high schools: Beaumont Middle, Bryan Station High, Bryan Station Middle, Crawford Middle, Edythe J. Hayes Middle, Frederick Douglass High, Henry Clay High, Jessie Clark Middle, Lafayette High, Leestown Middle, LTMS, Paul Laurence Dunbar High, Tates Creek High, and Winburn Middle.
- Children do not have to be present. No preorders are necessary.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PICKUP LOCATIONS (to be used if unable to pick up at a middle or high school location)
- Starting next week, meals to be picked up at elementary school locations must be preordered.
- Five days of breakfast and lunch will be available once a week on Thursdays between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- To pick up on Thursday 2/25/21 between 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., please fill out this form by Monday, 2/22/21.
- Children do not have to be present. Preorders are REQUIRED.
Anyone with questions should call the school district at 859-381-3846.