UPDATE POSTED 1:10 P.M., FEB. 15, 2021
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) — The University of Kentucky campus will cancel classes beginning 1:30 p.m. today, Monday, Feb. 15, 2021. All classes scheduled for in-person instruction on UK’s main campus beginning 1:30 p.m. or later Monday are canceled.
Classes scheduled for online instruction will continue unless the instructor notifies students of a change. For information about winter weather policies pertaining to students, click here.
Plan B (designated) employees are required to report to work on campus. For information about employee winter weather policies, click here.
The COVID-19 vaccination clinic at Kroger Field will remain open and operating on a regular schedule Monday, Feb. 15, 2021.
Community COVID-19 testing sites at Kroger Field and Eastern State Hospital and student testing sites at Kroger Field, K Lair and Gatton Student Center are finished for the rest of Monday. UK HealthCare’s Drive-Thru Clinic at Alumni Park Plaza remains open for patient COVID testing by appointment.
UK HealthCare hospitals and clinics remain open and operating on a regular schedule.
Check www.uky.edu/alerts/ for information on the status of campus facilities, dining and other programming.
For anyone who has to be outside today, find helpful information here: www.uky.edu/hr/hr-home/uk-walk-safe-winter
For employee FAQs related to emergency closures: www.uky.edu/hr/hr-home/answers-to-frequently-asked-questions-regarding-emergency-delaysclosures-plan-b.
ORIGINAL STORY POSTED 7 A.M. MONDAY, FEB. 15, 2021
- Dress warmly for the frigidly cold temperatures.
- You must have an appointment to get a vaccination.
- If you arrive early, please do not get out of your vehicle to get in line sooner than 10 minutes prior to your appointed check-in time.
- You will not lose your place in line.
- If everyone follows this protocol, officials can help ensure that the check- in lines are kept shorter and the time outdoors will be reduced, making everyone safer during the process.
- UK facilities officials are working around the clock during inclement weather to keep roads around campus — and the Kroger Field parking lot — safe.
- If weather conditions require a closure of the clinic for the day or a change in schedule, patients will be notified directly as well as the media.