LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Man O’ War Boulevard near the Hamburg shopping center between Hemsdale Palce and Pink Pigeon will have minor to major lane closures this week, beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 26, and continuing through early Friday morning, Jan. 28.
The closures, which will be located between Helmsdale Place and Pink Pigeon Parkway, will allow crews to place structural beams for the 280-foot Brighton Rail Trail Bridge onto bridge supports to span across Man O’ War Boulevard.
The schedule and types of closures are:
Tuesday Jan. 26 (during daytime hours):
- Crane setup and staging behind the Liquor Barn.
- Deliveries to the job site will result in intermittent single-lane closures.
Wednesday Jan. 27:
- Bridge beams will be off-loaded and set on the western side of Man O’ War. This will result in single-lane closures for short periods of time between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and four short full closures to traffic on the outer loop (north bound) between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Thursday Jan. 28 (During evening hours):
- Beginning at 6 p.m., the center lane of Man O’ War will be closed in each direction to move the existing barrier wall and to set up a crane. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- Beginning around 10 p.m. – Man O’ War between Pink Pigeon and Liberty/Todds roads will be completely shut down. Local access to Helmsdale Place and the Brighton Place Shoppes will be available via the Liberty Road entrance. Motorists on Man O’ War heading toward I75 can detour via Liberty Road to Star Shoot Parkway to Pink Pigeon. Detour signage and police will be on site. The goal is to set the bridge beams and reopen Man O’ War before 6 a.m. on Friday Jan. 29.