FAYETTE COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – The Fayette County Detention Center continues to see an increase on coronavirus cases as its outbreak grows.
According to a daily report from Capt. Matt LeMonds, the Lexington Division of Community Corrections, under direction of the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department, has as of Thursday afternoon:
- 71 inmates have tested positive for COVID-19
- 152 have tested negative
- Results are pending for 4 additional inmates
- 227 inmates have been tested so far
- 5 staff members have tested positive
- 48 staff members have tested negative
- We are not awaiting any testing results for officers.
- 53 staff members have been tested so far