LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ/Fayette County Schools) – Agriscience students from several Fayette County Public Schools competed and a few earned top marks in this summer’s three-day virtual Kentucky FFA state convention, which wrapped up July 2.
Agriscience Fair winners:
Environmental Service / Natural Resource Systems
- Haley Trowel of Leestown Middle School, Division 1
- Taylor Shearer and Isabella Bliziotis of Leestown Middle, Division 2
- Molly Lewis of Locust Trace (Lafayette), Division 3
Social Science Systems
- Olivea Parks of Edythe J. Hayes Middle School, Division 1
Food Products & Processing Systems
- Ani Sutherland of Leestown Middle, Division 1
Public speaking awards — all from Locust Trace AgriScience Center:
- 1st place to Josh Roberts (Tates Creek High) in Turf and Lawn Impromptu Speaking;
- 2nd to Kennedy Little (Bryan Station High) in Prepared Public Speaking;
- 3rd to Elyssa Spiggle (Henry Clay High) in FFA Creed.
In addition, Kentucky FFA saluted 425 members who earned their state FFA degree, including these eight graduates from Locust Trace: Keirra Bruce, John Clark, Avery Downs, Whitney Evans, Josh Roberts, Mason Schwarberg, Annika Weaver, and Catherine Wharton.
The state convention went virtual because of the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.