LORETTO, Ky. (WTVQ) – The reopening of the state’s businesses continues, especially in the tourism industry.
And one of the biggest, Maker’s Mark distillery in Loretto, is reopen for visitors, starting Thursday. Tours will look a bit different for now as the distillery carefully opens its doors again for friends and fans, and with an abundance of caution for the safety of everyone, the distillery said in a release.
Here are the details:
- Hours will be Wednesdays through Sundays from 10 am to 5 pm, with the last tour starting each day at 3:30 pm
- Visitors MUST make a reservation IN ADVANCE at makersmark.com/tours
- Reservations may only be made up to four weeks in advance, for now
- Each tour group will be limited to eight people
- Masks are required for all visitors
- The tour will look a bit different for now, avoiding some of the smaller interior areas
- The tour will include the main campus of the distillery, a warehouse and a bourbon tasting
- Tour price is $25 per person, which includes a tasting glass visitors may keep
- Visitors may do their own wax-dipping of bottles purchased in the distillery gift shop, if they choose
- All visitors must show an ID verifying they are 21 or older
- The distillery’s restaurant, Star Hill Provisions, will reopen Wednesday, July 22 and will be open Wednesdays through Sundays 11:30 am to 4 pm
- Debit and credit cards only – no cash will be accepted