LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – CVS Health has opened seven new drive-thru testing locations in Kentucky, as part of meeting the company’s goal of 1,000 test sites by the end of May.
According to CVS, the new test sites will use self-swab testing and be available to individuals meeting CDC criteria, in addition to state and age guidelines.
The company’s goal is processing up to 1.5 million tests per month. Patients must register in advance HERE beginning Friday, May 29 to schedule an appointment which is required.
CVS officials say patients will be required to stay in their vehicles and will be directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window, where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions.
“All of the swabbing will happen at the drive-thru, in the patient’s vehicle, in order to maintain safety of the patient as well as those of us in the store,” says Amy Winchell, Director of retail operations at CVS Pharmacy.
A CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing. According to CVS, results will be available in approximately three days.
When looking for new sites, CVS health employees say they looked for places that needed testing the most.
“We were very selective and thoughtful about making sure that we put them in different communities, especially those that don’t have as much access to healthcare,” says Sharon Vitti, Senior VP of CVS Health and President of MinuteClinic.
The new testing sites in Kentucky include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 704 US Highway 31, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- CVS Pharmacy, 102 Village Lane, Hazard, KY 41701
- CVS Pharmacy, 118 East New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40507
- CVS Pharmacy, 2311 Lime Kiln Road, Louisville, KY 40222
- CVS Pharmacy, 10490 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, KY 40223
- CVS Pharmacy, 2169 Midland Trail, Shelbyville, KY 40065
- CVS Pharmacy, 24 West Lexington Avenue, Winchester, KY 40391