FRANKFORT, Ky. (WTVQ)- Drive-thru coronavirus testing is scheduled to begin in Pikeville, Somerset, Madisonville and Paducah on Tuesday, April 21.
In Pike County, the testing center will open at 8:30 a.m. at Shelby Valley High School on U.S. 23. The site will be open through Thursday, April 23.
The testing site will have portable message boards as well as all traffic control devices (cones, signs, and such) so that people who come to the testing site will be able to see the one-way in/one-way out traffic plan.
New testing sites will run for three days, Tuesday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Somerset testing site will be set up in the parking lot of The Center for Rural Development
To see if you qualify to register for a test, to find a location, and for more information click here or call 1-888-852-2567 (select option 1, then option 3).
The goal of the partnership with the Commonwealth of Kentucky and Kroger is to conduct 20,000 tests over the next five weeks. The state, Kroger and
other partners expect to be able to handle about 250 vehicles per day per site at all locations.
Those eligible for the test include health care workers, first responders, those 65 and older, those with chronic health conditions and those with
· First, people seeking a test will use a virtual screening tool based on U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to see if they
· Next, they will select a testing location and appointment time that works for them.
· Then, registrants will receive an email confirmation with pre-appointment paperwork to complete.
· When a person arrives for their test, they should have their photo ID ready and should leave their window rolled up until a health care practitioner
comes to the car for the test.
· Test results are expected within approximately 48-hours.
Other project partners include: Kroger Health, UPS, Gravity Diagnostics, Kentucky Division of Emergency Management, Kentucky Department for Public
Health, Kentucky State Police, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Kentucky National Guard.