LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The Kentucky Lottery says six retailers can’t sell its products anymore.
The lottery says this comes after the retailers pleaded guilty to possession of a gambling device.
Back in September, the Casey County Sheriff’s Office seized 22 illegal gambling machines at the businesses.
The machines were described as video poker and other electronic gambling devices.
Under state law, a retailer’s license to sell Kentucky Lottery products is terminated if the retailer is convicted of illegal gambling activity.
The Kentucky Lottery says these retailers have had their licenses terminated:
– Mukeshabai Patel and Rameshkumar Patel, B&W Grocery, 7285 East Highway 70, Yosemite.
– Jitendrakumar Patel, Crockett Trail General Store at 7625 West KY 70 in Liberty
– Sallies Food Mart 2 at 6554 W Ky 70 in Liberty,
– OM Food Mart at 116 Bradsfordville Road in Mannsville
– Gia’s Supermarket at 163 Hustonville St. in Liberty
– Mamta Patel, S&T Market, 5838 Hwy 49 in Liberty.