Home Weather Local Weather Headlines

Local Weather Headlines

video

Partly sunny and warm Tuesday

  TODAY: 20% chance of rain. Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Breezy WEDNESDAY: 60% chance of rain. Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid to...
video

Warmer next few days before midweek cold front

  cm = new CMPlayer("cm_player_1586288396854").setup({width: 640, height: 360, vid: "7628403", profile_id: "b611af00-4f40-0133-8f44-7a163e5e80da", pl_length: 5})TODAY: Partly sunny. Isolated showers possible. About 10 degrees above normal. Highs...
video

A warm start to your week…

Overview: We will start the week off warm but we will end the week on a chilly note and sandwiched in between will be...

Cloudy with a chance of showers Sunday

Plenty of sunshine to across Kentucky with high temperatures moving into the upper 60s to low 70s for today. There is a cold front sweeping across the region, it’s currently in the western portion of the state the pushing east. Don’t expect too much of a temperature drop for your Sunday though.
video

Warming up with some rain…

Overview: High pressure will give us a good looking Saturday but after that our over weather pattern will become rather unsettled. Tonight: Partly cloudy and...
video

Plenty of sunshine Friday, rainy next week

TODAY: Mostly sunny. Warmer than average temperatures (61 degrees). Highs in the mid 60s. SATURDAY: 20% chance of rain. Partly sunny. Highs in the mid...
video

YOUR WEATHER: Mostly sunny and warmer for Thursday

A nice Thursday and Friday and into the weekend.
video

Slowly warming up to start off April

As expected Tuesday was somewhat of a mixed bagged day with rain showers for about half of the region north to south, if you live in southern Kentucky it rained all day but in northern Kentucky in only rained during the evening hours. Either way, everyone saw some precipitations. Today we’ll start the day off with cloudy cover but slowly thin out the clouds throughout the day.
video

Wet and cool Tuesday, but dry the rest of the week

Hope you were able to enjoy the amazing sunshine we had Monday! Why you ask? Because clouds have moved in overnight as an area of low pressure pushes towards the Bluegrass Region. Along with the cloud cover is a fair amount of rain showers. Lexington will be right on the rain line, this mean that about half of the viewing area, north to south, may not see rain today. It could be a case where if you have a friend in Richmond they have rain all day but Lexington just gets sprinkles.
video

Strong storms tonight followed by a beautiful but windy Sunday

A warm front pushed through Friday and has continued to bring summer like temperatures to the Bluegrass Region. Highs for Saturday has moved into the upper 70s to low 80s, unfortunately with the warm weather we do expect severe weather later tonight. The Storm Prediction Center has highlighted central Kentucky for a Slight Risk for severe weather, and a Marginal Risk for severe weather into eastern Kentucky.
video

Summer warmth for your Saturday with possible severe storms

A warm front has push north across the Bluegrass Region and brought a warm southerly flow. Temperatures have continued to climb all day with some spots reaching the low 80s. If Lexington does hit 80 degrees it will be the first time since October 21st 2019. Temperatures are expected to reach the low 80 for Saturday.
video

Warm with a few rain showers Friday

TODAY: 50% chance of rain. Mostly cloudy skies. Highs in the mid 70s. SATURDAY: 20% chance of rain. Partly skies. Highs in the upper 70s. SUNDAY:...

Refreshingly warm and sunny Thursday

TODAY: Warming up to above normal temperatures. Partly sunny skies. Highs in the mid 70s. FRIDAY: 50% chance of rain. Mostly cloudy skies. Highs in...
video

Rainy and mild week ahead

TODAY: 20% chance of rain. Cloudy skies. Highs in the low to mid 50s. TUESDAY: 80% chance of rain. Showers and thunderstorms possible into the...
video

Showers return Sunday evening with a very wet week ahead

After a few scattered light rain showers across the Bluegrass and a lot of lingering stratus clouds around the Bluegrass Region a lot of people were left thinking, what happened the mostly sunny sky day? Well a low pressure center in combination with a surface trough were suppose to continue to push off into the Atlantic but end up slowing so the low pressure center end up pushing wrap around cloud cover and even some spot showers into Kentucky.
video

Finally some sunshine for your weekend

After a few morning rain showers ahead of a slow moving cold front the humidity and warm air built its way back into the Bluegrass Region and temperatures moved into the low 70s. Cooler and drier air will move in late tonight into Saturday morning with a nearly 40 degree temperature drop from Fridays high to Saturdays morning low.
video

Showers and a few storms Friday

TODAY: Rain showers and thunderstorms, especially in the morning hours. Cloudy skies. Highs in the upper 60s, some in the low 70s. SATURDAY: 20% chance...
video

Possible storms for your Friday before a calm and cool weekend

It’s been a gloomy day across the Ohio Valley with overcast skies and showers for much of the day. Temperatures have been on a steady rise too with highs in the upper 60s to low 70s. The showers throughout the day have kept the temperatures a bit cooler than expected but if you’ve been outside today you have certainly felt something you haven’t felt in some time….. Humidity.
video

First day of spring 2020 forecast

TODAY: First day of Spring! Highs in the low 70s. Partly cloudy skies and some rain showers and thunderstorms. FRIDAY: 80% chance of rain. Cloudy...
video

More rain and storms for your Thursday

It’s been a gloomy day across the Ohio Valley with overcast skies and a few hints of sunshine throughout the day after some morning rain showers but the bulk of the rain moved in during the afternoon and evening and continued for much the rest of the day. Temperatures were fairly mild as a warm front lifted across the region.

Most Popular