FRANKFORT, Ky. (WTVQ/Press Release) – Community Action Kentucky announced the results of its Board of Directors Executive Committee election at its June Annual Meeting.
CAK’s 23 members board consist of a representative from each Community Action Agency in Kentucky.
Charlene Engle, CEO of Gateway Community Action Agency, was elected to serve a four-year term as Board Chair. Rick Baker, previous Board Chair and Executive Director of LKLP Community Action Council, will continue to serve on the Committee as an At Large member.
- Charlene Engle, Gateway Community Action Agency, Chair
- Catrena Bowman-Thomas, Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission, Vice Chair
- Troy Roberts, Blue Grass Community Action Partnership, Secretary
- Alicia Polston, Lake Cumberland Community Action Agency, Treasurer
- Rick Baker, LKLP Community Action Council, At Large
- Janna York, West Kentucky Allied Services, At Large
A complete list of board members can be found on the Community Action Kentucky website at capky.org.
Community Action Kentucky is the statewide association representing and assisting all 23 Community Action agencies across Kentucky that work to empower individuals and families to attain greater economic stability and long-term success.
With a presence in all 120 Kentucky counties, Community Action agencies provide life-changing resources and programs to support a wide array of service areas, including food security, transportation, home energy, early childhood education, senior support, emergency services, housing assistance, workforce development, youth enrichment and more.