WINCHESTER, Ky. (WTVQ/Press Release) — On Saturday, June 12, 2021, the Daniel Boone National Forest will waive fees at all forest-operated recreation sites in honor of National Get Outdoors Day.
This waiver does not apply to recreation sites operated by concessionaires or reserved group-use areas, the Forest-Service said in a release.
“I hope that our visitors take this opportunity to explore a new trail or enjoy a new activity on the Forest,” said Daniel Boone National Forest Supervisor H. Scott Ray. “Get Outdoors Day was established as a way for both experienced outdoor enthusiasts and complete newcomers to get out and explore all the opportunities their public lands have to offer.”
On Saturday, June 12, no recreation fee is required at any of the following day-use sites:
- Cave Run Lake – all boat ramps outside of developed campgrounds
- Laurel River Lake – all boat ramps outside of developed campgrounds
- Natural Arch Scenic Area – McCreary County
- Appletree Shooting Range – McCreary County
- Keno Shooting Range – Pulaski County
- White Sulphur OHV Trail – Bath County
- Redbird Crest Trail – Clay and Leslie counties
On the night of Saturday, June 12, overnight camping fees are also waived in the following locations:
- Backcountry camping in the Red River Gorge – Menifee, Powell and Wolfe counties
- Barren Fork Horse Camp – McCreary County