LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WTVQ) – The soundtrack for this year’s Thunder Over Louisville shares
messages of hope and healing, and features some Louisville artists including Jack Harlow, James Lindsey, Bryson Tiller and Jason Clayborn.
The best way to see this year’s Thunder Over Louisville is by watching WTVQ ABC 36’s sister ABC station WHAS 11, the Official Broadcast Partner.
The all-day coverage will begin on Saturday, April 17 at 6 a.m. Fans can also tune to Summit Media’s Mix 106.9, the Official Thunder Radio Partner, for special coverage of the day’s events.
The theme for this year’s show, “Illuminating Our Community,” helped guide the music selection.
“This is the most lyrically focused soundtrack we’ve ever put together,” said Thunder Producer Wayne Hettinger.
“From the beginning, this year’s show has been about our community, trying to bring the event to fans in a whole new way and lifting everyone’s spirits.”
Thunder Over Louisville – the Derby Festival’s Opening Ceremonies – is one of the more than 70 events produced each year by the Derby Festival. The 2021 Thunder Over Louisville will be the 32nd annual production.
Some fan favorites from past years return to this year’s soundtrack as well.
The Official Thunder Over Louisville 2021 Soundtrack includes:
- Bryson Tiller, “Right My Wrongs”
- Jack Harlow, “What’s Poppin’”
- Jason Clayborn, “Better”
- Ray Charles, “America The Beautiful”
- The Weeknd, “Blinding Lights”
- Kygo & Whitney Houston, “Higher Love”
- Daft Punk, “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger”
- James Lindsey, “Rainbows”
- Katy Perry, “Not The End Of The World”
- Avicii, “Hey Brother”
- The Beatles, “Here Comes The Sun”
- Michael Jackson, “Man In The Mirror
- Dance Again, “Dance Again”
- Gareth Emery, “Dynamite”
- The Script “Hall Of Fame”
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers, “Ooh Child”
- The Black Eyed Peas, “Ritmo”
- Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli, “The Prayer”
- Yanni, “Santorini”
- Tim McGraw & Tyler Hubbard, “Undivided”
- Billy Joel & Linda Ronstadt, “When You Wish Upon A Star”
Thunder’s fireworks show is choreographed to an original soundtrack each year. Over the years, soundtracks have included a broad range of music from Top Ten and country, to urban and contemporary, even rock’n’roll and Broadway show tunes.