LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The Kentucky Department of Education launched a new website, KyMTSS.org, to support Kentucky educators in the implementation, improvement and sustainability of an integrated Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
KyMTSS is a multi-level prevention system to support student achievement and social-emotional behavioral competencies through an integration of differentiated core instruction, assessment and intervention.
Information and resources are available for each of the six essential elements of the KyMTSS framework:
- Equitable Access and Opportunity;
- Tiered Delivery System with a Continuum of Supports;
- Collaborative Problem-Solving Teams;
- Data-Based Decision Making with Comprehensive Screening and Assessment;
- Evidence-Based Instruction;
- Intervention and Supports and Family; and
- School and Community Partnerships.
KyMTSS expands the framework for Response to Intervention (RtI) and promotes the integration of systems-level approaches and state/district/school initiatives under one comprehensive framework to more efficiently use resources while focusing on improving outcomes for every student.
You can provide feedback about what future resources might serve you best by completing the KyMTSS feedback survey, and you can sign up for the KyMTSS newsletter by entering your contact information on the form available on the KyMTSS.org homepage.