Police: Laurel Co. woman dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

0
470
Poison
Courtesy: MGN Online

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – A Laurel County woman is dead after using an alternative heating source to keep warm, according to Kentucky State Police.

 

- Advertisement -

Police said on Tuesday afternoon emergency crews transported three people off of Spring Cut Road for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials said 61-year-old Darlene Ragland died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Whitley County hospital.

According to the police, her husband and minor grandchild are both at UK hospital.

Police said, the family lost power and was using a fuel-operated ventilator for heat inside of a closed garage.