How to Register a Team:
- Create a team: It can be your friends, residence hall or any student/Greek organization.
- Personalize your team: Pick a cool team name and a team captain. Team captains should be available Tuesday evenings bi-weekly in the fall semester and weekly in the spring semester for informational team captain meetings.
- Register your team: Team captains can fill out the registration form at https://uky.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/433531. This form will close Oct. 2, 2020.
- Meet goals: Each dancer must meet the dancer fundraising goal. Get creative with events. Host small get-togethers (following COVID-19 recommendations) to fundraise. Attend DanceBlue events, like athletic games or restaurant nights to gain spirit points.
- Dance!: You get to participate in the marathon and dance your heart out. All FTK!
To find out more about what DanceBlue might look like in 2021, visit www.danceblue.org/2020/09/you-asked-we-answered/.
DanceBlue is a University of Kentucky student-run organization that fundraises year-round and culminates in a 24-hour no-sitting, no-sleeping dance marathon. In 15 years of DanceBlue, more than $17.3 million has been raised “For The Kids.” Money raised through DanceBlue is donated to the Golden Matrix Fund, established to support the kids of the DanceBlue Kentucky Children’s Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic both today and well into the future through an endowment. DanceBlue funds also support the yearlong fundraising engine and operations that underpin the mission, as well as providing funds to support research at the UK Markey Cancer Center.
The Golden Matrix Fund was created to benefit the DanceBlue KCH Hematology/Oncology Clinic patients and families. Childhood cancer not only affects the child physically, but it also creates many emotional and financial difficulties for the entire family. The goal of the Golden Matrix Fund is to provide care and support for the kids through giving them and their parents comfort.