FAYETTE COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – The outbreak of coronavirus cases at the Fayette County Detention Center may be coming under control.
The facility reported one more positive Friday afternoon with only one test remaining out among inmates. No additional staffers have tested positive and only four tests remain out.
According to a daily report from Capt. Matt LeMonds, the Lexington Division of Community Corrections, under direction of the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department, has as of Friday afternoon:
- 72 inmates have tested positive for COVID-19
- 154 have tested negative
- Results are pending for 1 additional inmate
- 227 inmates have been tested so far
- 5 staff members have tested positive
- 48 staff members have tested negative
- Results are pending for 4 additional officers
- 57 staff members have been tested so far