Officials believe electrical issues causes house to burn down

0
541

POWELL COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – A two story horse burned to the ground Friday morning.

The fire broke out at a home just before just before 1 a.m. on Maple Street in Stanton.

- Advertisement -

Firefighters say the fire is believed to have started in the kitchen area of the home because of an electrical fire.

The home was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived on scene.

Four other fire departments responded to assist the Stanton Fire Department.

Firefighters say the homeowner is in jail on an unrelated charge and no one was home when the fire broke out.

The home was around 100 years old.

Previous articleHometown Tours- Spy Coast Farm 3
Next articleGermany: Officials pledge crackdown after synagogue attack
mm
Monica Harkins joined the ABC 36 News team in June 2019 as a Multimedia journalist and Anchor/Producer. She’s born and raised in Austin, Texas and headed “North,” as she calls it, to study broadcast journalism and business at the University of Missouri. While at Mizzou she anchored and reported for KOMU 8 News, an NBC affiliate in Columbia, Missouri all four years. During her childhood she played almost every sport, but they always called her “Hollywood” for her love of theatre. In high school, she realized her excitement for theatre and performing was only a small piece of the puzzle. It’s story telling that’s her passion. She’s especially passionate about social media and creative platforms to tell stories. Her most recent experiment is being a FAA certified drone pilot. As a proud Texan she says she’s made of country music, Southern hospitality and Sweet Tea. When she’s not at work you can find her trying new recipes, listening to crime podcasts, reading the latest romance novel or rockin’ out to live music with friends. She says she’s only a tweet or Facebook message away, so say hi and send her the latest on your community. @MonicaHarkinstv or Mharkins@wtvq.com