PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – A Somerset man was arrested on Tuesday on several assault related charges according to the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.
The sheriff’s department says it received a call about domestic violence on Aqua Trail in southern Pulaski County.
Once the deputy arrived, he was flagged down by family members who said 25 year old Bobby Sullivan had assaulted some of his family members.
A deputy tried to contact Sullivan and says he was acting very hostile.
The sheriff’s department says the deputy tried to get Sullivan to calm down, but it didn’t work.
Additional deputies and a captain with the Kentucky State Police arrived to help.
During the arrest of Sullivan, he resisted arrest, assaulted the officers, and had to be tased.
The Pulaski County Sheriff reports Sullivan is charged with the following:
1. Assault 3rd Degree – Police Officer (Charges stem from assaulting the three police officers that were effecting the arrest)
2. Assault 4th Degree – Domestic Violence – (2 Counts)
3. Wanton Endangerment, 1st Degree (While Mr. Sullivan was assaulting one of the family members, she was holding an 8-month-old child)
4. Resisting Arrest
6. Violation of a Kentucky EPO/DVO
7. Criminal Mischief, 3rd Degree
During the arrest, a sergeant had minor injuries and was treated and released from Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital.
Sullivan had no injuries during the arrested and was taken to the Pulaski County Detention Center.
He remains there with no bond set and is scheduled to be arraigned on July 24.