LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The City of Lexington is partnering with the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station to offer people who live in Fayette County a free trash disposal day for non-hazardous household waste.
The event will be held Saturday, July 13, from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station, 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.
Fayette County residents may dispose of up to one pickup truck load of non-hazardous household waste.
Items normally serviced through the city’s curbside collection program, including bagged household waste as well as limited bulky items such as mattresses, small furniture, and up to four tires off the rim, will be accepted at this event.
Construction and demolition debris as well as any items larger than what would fit in the curbside cart will not be accepted free of charge, but can be dropped off at the regular gate rate during the event.
Appliances, electronics and hazardous materials such as pesticides, motor oil and paint will not be accepted during this event.
Appliances may be taken to Environmental Recycling Inc. at 3899 Winchester Road where they are accepted at no cost.
Electronic devices, such as computers, printers, cell phones, microwave ovens and televisions, can be dropped off at no cost to the city’s Electronics Recycling Center at 1306 Versailles Road.
Residents can donate liquid latex paint to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore at 451 Southland Dr.
The guidelines for the free disposal day are:
- Participants must present a valid Fayette County drivers’ license
- All loads must fit in a standard truck bed
- All loads must be covered by a tarp
- Only regular household waste will be accepted
- No more than four tires will be accepted, and tires must be off the rim
- No tire rims will be accepted
- No commercial vehicles allowed
- No hazardous materials, free-flowing liquids or yard waste will be accepted
- Construction and demolition debris not included in free disposal event
Lexington offers free disposal days four times a year: January, April, July and October. Visit www.LexingtonKY.gov/TransferStation for more information on normal disposal rates and transfer station hours of operation.
For more information on the free disposal day, call LexCall at 3-1-1 or 425-2255. Sign up for alerts about other special disposal options by visiting www.LexingtonKY.gov/311alerts.