LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The city of Lexington is offering a free trash disposal day for non-hazardous household waste for those living in Lexington.
The event will be held Saturday, July 13, from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station at 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.
Fayette County residents may dispose of up to one pickup truck load of non-hazardous household waste.
Items normally serviced through the city’s curbside collection program, including bagged household waste as well as limited bulky items such as mattresses, small furniture, and up to four tires off the rim, will be accepted at this event.
Appliances, electronics and hazardous materials such as pesticides, motor oil and paint will not be accepted during this event.
The guidelines for the free disposal day are:
• Participants must present a valid Fayette County drivers’ license
• All loads must fit in a standard truck bed
• All loads must be covered by a tarp
• Only regular household waste will be accepted
• No more than four tires will be accepted, and tires must be off the rim
• No tire rims will be accepted
• No commercial vehicles allowed
• No hazardous materials, free-flowing liquids or yard waste will be accepted
• Construction and demolition debris not included in free disposal event