Garage fire forces family out of home

0

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ)- A Lexington family has to stay in a hotel after a fire made their home unlivable Thursday.

The Fire Department says it got a call about a garage fire on Jaeduke Drive around 6 p.m.

- Advertisement -

Most of the damage is in the garage and on the first floor.

Everyone got out safely, including firefighters, who are adjusting to working in the heat again.

They say their turnout gear feels like wearing a carpet and oxygen tanks suck water out of you so they had to stay hydrated.



Firefighters are still trying to figure out how the fire started.

The family does have homeowner’s insurance.