MANCHESTER, Ky. (WTVQ)- During Tuesday’s Whitley County Fiscal Court meeting, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Department of Rural and Municipal Aid Commissioner Gray Tomblyn II announced $515,213 in discretionary funds for vital resurfacing work on 15 roads.
Resurfacing repairs address existing surface cracks, potholes, raveling, and base failures.
Whitley County Judge-Executive Pat White, Jr. identified these roads as being among the most critical in the county.
Projects submitted to the Department of Rural and Municipal Aid for discretionary fund consideration were evaluated by the KYTC district staff to assess the condition of roads and determine the most critical needs based on factors such as safety, economic impact, and traffic volumes.
The funding will allow for 11 miles of roadway improvements to fifteen county roads that provide access to 217 homes and business.
The Whitley County Fiscal Court is responsible for administering the work, and KYTC will reimburse the county for the projects.
Resurfacing work will address:
- Bear Hollow Road (County Road 1113) from milepoint 0.484 to milepoint 1.284
- Les Campbell Lane (County Road 1753) from milepoint 0.000 to milepoint 0.173
- Old Hickory Boulevard (County Road 1789) from milepoint 0.000 to milepoint 0.222
- Sutton Mill Road (County Road 1063) from milepoint 0.000 to milepoint 0.376
- Rickett Road (County Road 1191) from milepoint 0.000 to milepoint 0.388
- Lonnie Miller Road (County Road 1079B) from milepoint 0.000 to milepoint 0.157
- Buck Creek Road (County Road 1253) from milepoint 0.350 to milepoint 1.350
- Craig Road (County Road 1149) from milepoint 2.240 to milepoint 3.240
- Tye Town School Road (County Road 1096) from milepoint 0.000 to milepoint 0.655
- Little Wolf Creek Road (County Road 1322) from milepoint 3.427 to milepoint 3.727
- Old Barton School Road (County Road 1079C) from milepoint 0.000 to milepoint 0.375
- Oak Ridge Church Road (County Road 1463) from milepoint 0.000 to milepoint 1.100
- Mustang Lane (County Road 1518) from milepoint 0.000 to milepoint 0.899
- McNeil Corn Creek Road (County Road 1045) from milepoint 1.400 to milepoint 2.100
- Corinth Cemetery Road (County Road 1090) from milepoint 1.200 to milepoint 2.300