JESSAMINE COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – A county-wide clean-up will take place for Jessamine County residents March 23 through March 30.
Jessamine County Fiscal Court and Jessamine County Environmental Services are putting on the event which will offer free disposal of residential debris for residents.
Citizens are encouraged to bring residential debris to one of two locations: the Jessamine County Road Department at 400 Park Drive in Nicholasville or in Wilmore at 305 West Linden Street. Hours for both sites will be 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The free disposal is only available to residents.
Certain restrictions will be in place:
- No commercial debris (bricks, concrete block, shingles, dry wall, wet paint, etc.) will be accepted. Residents who wish to dispose of commercial debris can drop it off at the Jessamine County Convenience Center at 127 Hendren Way in Nicholasville, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. Normal charges apply.
- Normal household waste (daily trash and food garbage, etc.), tree limbs, storm brush and tires will not be accepted or picked up.
- Limbs and brush can be dropped off free of charge during the clean-up week at the City of Nicholasville Waste Water Treatment Plant on Long Shun in Nicholasville.
Curbside pick-up information:
- No curbside pick-up in Nicholasville. Nicholasville residents should bring their debris to the Jessamine County Road Department at 400 Park Drive in Nicholasville.
- No curbside pick-up in Wilmore. Wilmore residents are encouraged to bring their debris to 305 West Linden Street in Wilmore.
- Curbside pick-up is available in Jessamine County as long as debris is placed on the curb before 8 a.m. Saturday, March 23. No household waste or commercial debris (examples listed above) will be picked up at the curb.
For more information click HERE. Jessamine County residents can call: 859-881-4545, 859-887-8078 or 859-885-5281. Nicholasville residents can call 859-885-1321. Wilmore residents can call 859-858-4412.