LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ)-Several people in Lexington have to find a new place to stay after a motel fire Saturday morning.
The Fire Department says it happened after 1:30 a.m. at the Sportsman Motel on Winchester Road.
Firefighters say the fire was mostly in the attic, but they aren’t sure yet how it started.
Crews put it out quickly, but had to stay at the motel until about 7 a.m. to make sure the fire didn’t spark up again in the insulation.
No one was hurt, but firefighters say the fire did displace about 15 to 20 people who were taken to a hotel nearby.