LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – UK HealthCare has announced it has temporarily amended its visitation policy because of the flu.
The hospital says, to help protect the health and well-being of patients and healthcare workers during this flu season, it is placing temporary restriction on visitations.
The restrictions went into place Monday and include:
• No visitors under the age of 12 (except in Bone Marrow Transplant, where no visitors under the age of 18).
• No visitors with any symptoms of flu-like illness.
• Only two visitors will be permitted in a patient’s room at one time.
• Visitors may be issued masks or other protective clothing for use when visiting.
• Additional restrictions may be in place in special care units such as women’s and children’s units, critical care and oncology units.
• Compassionate visitation exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
The hospital says it will keep the restrictions in place as it continues to monitor the presence of influenza in the community.