LEXINGTON, Ky.(WTVQ) – After responding to four separate fires that ignited last night, Lexington Fire officials say home safety is more important during this time of year.
According to Lexington Fire, crews were called around 11:53 p.m. last night to a fire in a two-story home on Oak Creek Drive that started in the basement.
Crews say investigators were on scene, and are still investigating the cause of that fire.
They say a small fire broke out on Dale Drive less than five minutes before.
Crews say there was smoke inside the home, but no one was hurt.
Minutes later, crews were called to Simpson Avenue for a fire inside an apartment, but no one was hurt.
Lexington Fire crews say they were also called to another fire around 11:30 p.m. at the Griffin Gate Marriott, where smoke was filling the building because of a faulty light fixture.
Crews say guests were evacuated with no injuries.
Fire officials say chimneys are a big cause of wintertime fires, and people should get their chimneys inspected and cleaned on annual basis.
Lexington Fire says they offer free installation services for smoke alarms in bedrooms, and every living area inside the home.