LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) — University of Kentucky Police issued a Crime Bulletin to the campus community Tuesday after a report of a partially burned paper flyer was found in a dorm.
UK Police says this flyer was found in Homes Hall Friday, October 12.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
- Download and use the LiveSafe App to report suspicious persons loitering around facilities.
- Carry a cell phone to be able to call for help in emergencies.
- In the event that you smell smoke, dial 911 immediately.
- If you locate a fire, pull a fire alarm and then dial 911. Do NOT attempt to extinguish a fire unless you are properly trained to do so.
- Anytime a fire alarm is activated, EVACUATE the building immediately.
- Know the primary and secondary escape routes for each of your locations, should an actual fire occur.