LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Friday nights MEGA MILLIONS jackpot is an estimated $548 million. The cash option for the estimated $548 million MEGA MILLIONS jackpot is $309.2 million.
Here are a few MEGA MILLIONS facts:
• The $548 million jackpot is the 3rd largest in the game’s history.
• There are nine ways to win with Mega Millions
• The overall odds of winning any prize are 1 in 24.
• Mega Millions is played in 46 jurisdictions: 44 states; Washington, DC and US Virgin Islands.
• Drawings are conducted at 11 pm ET on Tuesdays and Fridays in Atlanta, Georgia.
Players can also purchase the Megaplier feature. For an extra $1 per MEGA MILLIONS® play, players can increase their prize amount (excluding the jackpot). The Match 5 but not the Mega Ball with Megaplier is worth up to $5,000,000 depending on what Megaplier number is drawn!
Tickets for tonight’s MEGA MILLIONS drawing are just $2 each and can be purchased at any of the Kentucky Lottery’s retailers or online at www.kylottery.com.
To mark this occasion, the Kentucky Lottery will be giving away free Mega Millions tickets to the first 250 players at the location below. T-shirts and other items will also be given away. Here are the details:
WHERE: Kroger, 3101 Richmond Road, Lexington
WHEN: 1:30 PM TODAY (Friday October 12)