One-Pan Sesame Crusted Baked Cod With Brussels Sprouts
- 250 g / 0.5 lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely diced or grated
- ½ long red chilli, finely diced or crushed red pepper flake
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 4 fillets of cod (140 g / 5 oz. each)
- 3 TBSP toasted sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger (or ginger paste)
- 1 bag of shredded carrots (4 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the larger Brussels sprouts in half and leave the small ones whole. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, chili, spices, sea salt, sesame oil and lemon juice.
- Place a piece of parchment/baking paper over a flat oven sheet pan and grease with a little olive oil. Place the cod fillets in the middle and top each fillet with equal amounts of the spice mix. Scatter the Brussels sprouts around the cod and place a few tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with some sea salt and lemon zest, and drizzle with extra olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh grated ginger and fresh shredded carrots.
- Crust each piece of cod with a heavy sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds. Reason season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tray in the hot oven, middle shelf, for 15 minutes. Once ready, serve while hot with a side salad. Store leftover fish and veggies in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container.