RICHMOND, Ky. (WTVQ)- The Richmond Fire Department wants to tell the public that there will be heavy traffic due to President Donald Trump being in town.
Officials say to expect heavy traffic from 6 a.m. Saturday through midnight surrounding Alumni Coliseum.
They say that if you do not plan to attend the rally or neighboring demonstrations, you are advised to avoid the Alumni Coliseum area throughout the day Saturday. There could be rolling, short-term road closures at any time that could cause temporary delays.
General Event Restrictions
Prohibited items for the rally event include, but are not limited to the following: deadly weapons*, dangerous instruments**, guns, ammunition, fireworks, electric stunguns, mace, martial arts weapons/devices, knives of any size, aerosol spray, selfie sticks, large bags or backpacks, outside food or beverages (specifically packaged goods), umbrellas, liquids, and any other items deemed prohibited by Secret Service (see below).
NO signs will be allowed into the event.
Secret Service prohibited items include:
- Animals other than service/guide animals
- Bags and signs exceeding size restrictions
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
- Glass, thermal, or metal containers
- Laser pointers
- Mace / Pepper spray
- Selfie Sticks
- Supports for signs and placards
- Toy guns
- Weapons of any kind
- Any other items determined to be potential safety hazards
University Prohibited Items
Per university policy 9.4.1P, deadly weapons and dangerous instruments are prohibited on university owned and/or controlled property at all times.
*Deadly weapons include, but are not limited to:
- A weapon of mass destruction or dangerous materials;
- Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other serious physical injury, may be discharged;
- Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife;
- Billy, nightstick, or club;
- Blackjack or slapjack;
- Nunchaku karate sticks;
- Shuriken or death star;
- Artificial knuckles made from metal, plastic, or other similar hard material;
- Any bow and arrow;
- Replica or look-alike Deadly Weapons
**Dangerous instruments include, but are not limited to:
- Explosive device;
- Fireworks including sparklers and smoke devices;
- Incendiary devices;
- Toxic or poisonous chemicals or disease organisms;
- Tasers and stun guns; or
- Other similar device or materials and includes the unassembled components from which such device or any of the preceding can be made
- Any replicas or look-alike Dangerous Materials/Instruments
- Flag poles;
Attendees should plan for significant wait times outside Alumni Coliseum before the doors open at 4 p.m. (ET). Folding chairs, small coolers and umbrellas are allowed outside Alumni Coliseum but PLEASE NOTE: Chairs, coolers, umbrellas, large bags, etc. WILL NOT BE PERMITTED INSIDE Alumni Coliseum. Attendees will have to leave these items in the parking lot at their own risk.
Travel to and from campus could be delayed throughout the day Saturday. More information about the rally can be found at https://www.eku.edu/rally