1\2 cup raw almonds
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 bunch of rosemary, minced
2 cloves garlic minced
- Heat 2 quarts of water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Place the almonds in the boiling water and let sit for about 45 seconds. Drain and rinse and begin to remove the shells by rubbing them between the thumb and index finger.
- Allow to dry on papertowel
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan, over a medium heat, add the blanched almonds, stirring frequently until they are well-coated with the oil and golden. Do not have the oil too hot as the almonds will then brown and their middles will still be raw.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl to make the spice mix and add to the almonds and stir in the oil.
- Remove and season with salt and pepper.