Fish En Papillote
Mediterranean Fish en Papillote has all the classic flavors of that sunny region all wrapped up in a parchment paper parcel!
- 2 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Thin slices of red onion, to taste
- Thin slices of red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lemon slices
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut two 18-inch long pieces of parchment paper. Fold in half then cut a half-circle or heart-shape. Open flat and place on a baking sheet.
Wash fish fillets and pat dry. Season both sides with salt and black pepper.
Place a fish fillet on the right side of the parchment paper. Top each fillet with equal amounts of tomatoes, olives, capers, red onion, red bell pepper, garlic, olive oil, white wine, red pepper flakes. Top each fillet with a lemon slice.
Place left half of parchment paper over fish and seal the edge, making small folds every 1/2-inch to 1-inch all the way around until completely sealed.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until parchment paper has puffed up and fish is cooked. Transfer to a plate and with scissors, cut into the top of the packet, being careful and aware of the hot steam that will escape.