Small fire in UK dorm, no injuries reported

0

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – There was a small fire Tuesday evening in a dormitory at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, according to the school.

It was reported in Woodland Glen 4 in the 700 block of Sports Center Lane, according to UK.

- Advertisement -

Investigators say the fire started in a clothes dryer.  The clothes were removed and the fire was quickly extinguished.  No injuries were reported, according to the Lexington Fire Department.

The dormitory was evacuated as a precaution when the fire broke out.  All residents were allowed to return after the fire was out.