Risotto – serves 4-6
1 C Arborio rice
- Advertisement -
1 T olive oil
2 tsp butter
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 C dry white wine
4 C broth (vegetable, chicken or beef)
- Pour broth into a saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
- In a separate skillet, melt butter in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion to pan and sauté until soft.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds
- Add rice and stir constantly for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer until reduced and rice has absorbed it.
- Begin adding broth ½ C at a time, stirring rice constantly.
- Continue adding broth and stirring until rice is smooth and creamy, approximately 45 minutes (you may not need all the broth)
- Serve warm with freshly grated parmesan cheese