Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – serves 4-6
4 lbs Butternut squash – peeled and chopped into large pieces
- Advertisement -
3 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 T olive oil, divided
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 tsp dried thyme
7-8 C vegetable or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss squash with garlic and 2-3 T olive oil and spread evenly on a baking sheet
- Roast squash approximately 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until soft and browned.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and carrot in 1 T olive oil in large saucepan until softened. Add thyme. Remove from heat.
- Place roasted squash and pan drippings into saucepan. Cover with broth.
- Place back on stove and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a blender or stick blender, bend ingredients until smooth.