LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The newest round of snow and cold temperatures has the Office of the Fayette County Sheriff extending its Winter Care program.
The sheriff’s offices says the program will remain in place through 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, January 17th.
While the program is active, the Office of the Fayette County Sheriff will provide the following services:
• Transportation to and from employment for those who are employed in the medical industry or professionals that provide direct healthcare services
• Transportation to and from a critical medial appointment
• Pick-up of critical prescription medications from local pharmacies.
• Welfare checks for our most vulnerable citizens.
• Distribution of winter coats and blankets
• Collection of winter coats and blankets
If you or someone you know are in need of assistance this winter for any of the above, please call Scooter Stein at the Office of Sheriff at 859-252-1771