WINCHESTER, Ky. (WTVQ) – In recognition of National Public Lands Day, fees will be waived at several recreation areas in the Daniel Boone National Forest.
On Saturday, Sept. 30, no recreation fee pass is required for overnight campers in the Red River Gorge backcountry, Barren Fork Horse Camp in McCreary County, or Bee Rock Campground along the Rockcastle River of Laurel and Pulaski counties.
In addition, no recreation fee pass is required on Saturday at the following locations:
- Cave Run Lake – all boat ramps outside of developed campgrounds
- Laurel River Lake – all boat ramps outside of developed campgrounds
- Natural Arch Scenic Area, McCreary County
- Appletree Shooting Range, McCreary County
- Keno Shooting Range, Pulaski County
- Redbird Crest Trail, Clay and Leslie counties
- White Sulphur ATV Trail, Bath County
National Public Lands Day is recognized as a day to celebrate volunteer service and recreation on public land. NPLD encourages volunteers of all ages to help improve the land and enjoy America’s great outdoors.