MASON COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ)- Crews are assessing the damage after strong storms moved through early Sunday morning.
Due to culvert washouts, embankment failures, and other damage, multiple state highways in Mason County are still closed or restricted.
According to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 9, the following state highways are closed:
– KY 1449 (Orangeburg Road) from KY 10 to the top of the hill toward the AA Highway, mile marker3-5.4
– KY 3056 (Germantown Road) from Tuckahoe Road (KY 576) to Big Pond Pike, mile marker 1.9-4.4
– Dover Covered Bridge site closed to car and foot traffic due to damage (traffic on adjacent highway unaffected)
The following state highways have restrictions to traffic:
– KY 8 at Dover, one lane at mile marker 2.1 due to washed out culvert
– KY 3170 in Lewisburg, one lane or narrow road due to embankment failures
It is unclear at this time how long the highways will be closed and restricted.
Crews are working to reopen the closed highways as quickly as possible.
Motorists are asked to drive with caution around crews and take appropriate detours.