LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – LEXserv bills will now be processed in Lexington, a move that will save the city about $400,000 a year, while also creating six new jobs.
“Since 2012 people have asked why we were sending LEXserv bills to Cincinnati to be processed,” Mayor Jim Gray said. “We’ve found a way to do this billing in-house. It’s much more efficient, it saves money and it puts people in our city to work.”
Before 2012, the fees were collected as part of Kentucky American Water bills. In 2012, Kentucky American decided to discontinue the practice and the City turned to Cincinnati Water as a short-term solution.
“Greater Cincinnati Water has been a great partner, both as our billing agent and in helping with this transition,” said Rusty Cook, Director of Revenue.
Customer service for people with questions about their LEXserv bills will also be handled in Lexington. The LEXserv bill includes landfill, sanitary sewer and water quality management fees.
There are several ways to pay a LEXserv bill:
- Set up AutoPay or pay on line: lexingtonky.gov/pay-your-bill. Those enrolled in AutoPay before May 14 do not need to re-enroll. For more information on AutoPay, call LEXserv Customer Service toll-free at 1-888-987-8111.
- All customers who want paperless billing, including those already enrolled, need to re-enroll. Please enroll at lexingtonky.gov/view-your-bill
- Pay by phone at 1-888-987-8111 with a credit card, debit card or e-check. There is a small processing fee.
- Beginning May 22, drop off your bill stub and cash or check at any of the five Republic Bank locations in Lexington. There is no fee. (Walmart no longer accepts LEXserv payments.)
- Drop off a check or money order with you bill stub at the LEXserv payment box at 200 E. Main Street.
- Bring cash, check, money order, credit or debit card and your bill stub to LexServ payment window, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 218 E. Main St.
- Snail mail your bill stub and check or money order to LFUCG, P.O. Box 34090, Lexington, KY 40588-4090